The law of Queensland, Australia governs this website and its use. You and UQ College will submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that place.
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in the content and underlying architecture and code of this website is the property of UQ College Limited. The site may also include content whose copyright belongs to third-parties and which has been lawfully included in this site by agreement or specific licence.
All content is protected by Australian copyright law and, by virtue of international treaties, equivalent copyright laws in other countries.
Users may for their own, non-commercial purposes view or make copies of material contained on the site, but content should not be systematically downloaded and/or stored in any form whatsoever, and under no circumstances should any content be reproduced and made separately available online.
Copyright enquiries relating to this site should be directed to the UQ College Administration Office.
Trade marks used in this website
The name "UQ College" is a trade mark of UQ College Limited and must not be used without the prior written consent of UQ College.
"UQ" and the University Of Queensland coat of arms are the trade marks of the University of Queensland and are used by the College with agreement. These trade marks must not be used without the prior written consent of the University.
No warranty re content
The College does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material available on its website.
The College reserves the right to change information or material on the website at any time without notice, including but not limited to details relating to programs, courses, admissions, fees and services.
Please note the College may discontinue, vary or make unavailable programs and courses contained in the website at any time without notice.
It is the user's responsibility to consult directly with the authorised officer to confirm the accuracy, currency and completeness of information found on the site, particularly before acting in reliance upon such information.
Limitation of liability
- Some legal obligations imposed by law (including the Competition and Consumer Act) cannot be excluded or limited. No attempt to limit or exclude such liability is made by UQ College.
- Subject to paragraph (a) and to the extent permitted by law, you agree that:
- UQ College will not be liable to you for any loss, damage, liability, claim or expense (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements) arising from your use of this website and whether your claim arises for breach of contract, negligence or other tort or breach of statute or otherwise; and
- all terms, conditions and warranties other than those expressly contained in this website are excluded.
Links to other websites
Web links from this site to external, non-UQ College websites should not be construed as implying any relationship with and/or endorsement of the external site or its content by the College, nor any commercial or other relationship with the owners of that site.
Links to external websites are provided for convenience only and UQ College makes no representations about, has no responsibility for or control over, does not re-publish and disclaims all liability for the content of linked websites and websites linked to them.
Information that personally identifies you:
UQ College complies with Australian and Queensland privacy laws and guidelines. If you provide information to the College that is confidential, the College will respect that confidentiality.
If you submit personal information via this website, it is being collected by UQ College Limited (ABN 28 142 912 614). Contact details for the College are set out below.
The College will use personal information that you submit via this website for the purposes you submit it and related purposes. If you "opt in" we will also use your information to send you our newsletter.
The College will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless we are permitted to do so by law.
You are entitled to have access to the information we hold about you, but in some cases we may be entitled to withhold it.
There is no law that requires the College to collect your information but if you do not provide it we will not be able to process your enquiry and provide you with the information you seek.
The College may distribute aggregated statistical information for statutory reporting purposes but only in a form that will not identify any person individually.
Non personal and computer information:
If you visit this website and read or download materials, such as information concerning our services or strategic alliances, the information we receive is statistical only and will not be used to identify you personally.
This website makes some use of data that only indirectly identifies users and browsers. In the following circumstances:
- Computer Information - to enable communication between your computer and the server hosting this website, it is necessary that your web browser provides your computer's network address, so that our web server can address its replies back to the correct machine. In addition, the browser type and operating systems which you use may also be recorded. This information will never be used by the College to personally identify you.
- Navigation and Click-Stream Data - browsing this website generates a "foot-print" or trail of the pages you have visited, the amount of data transferred and the time and duration of access. This information is recorded against the network address supplied by your web browser. This information will never be used by the College to personally identify you.
- Cookies - a cookie is a small text file placed on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used to enhance the online experience - for example, "session cookies" are created at the beginning of the user's search session and discarded at its conclusion. The cookie is not used to collect or store information about the user, only to allocate a temporary identifier to the search session. Without the session identifier, the user might lose the entire search context each time a new page is visited during a session.
Most web browsers recognise when a cookie has been offered or placed on your computer. Most web browser software enables you to decide whether you wish to reject or accept the cookie. Check with your software supplier if you are not sure. If cookies are disabled, you may find this website provides less than desirable functionality and speed, for the reasons described above.
Further Information and Complaints
If you would like to exercise your right of access please contact the College privacy officer whose details are set out below.
If you would like further information or if you wish to make a complaint about the collection or use of information via this website, please contact the College Administration Manager at the following address:
Name: Cecelia Jackson
Phone No: +61 7 3381 1140
Fax No: +61 7 3381 1130
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org